1. THE PROMOTION: The "Masters of Horror BLOODSHED Promotion" ("Promotion") sponsored by Anchor Bay Entertainment ("Sponsor") consists of The Slaughter Machine Instant Win Game ("Instant Win Game") and Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"). Promotion starts March 24, 2006 at 12:00:01 AM ET and ends September 30, 2006 at 11:59:59 PM ET or when all Instant Win Game prizes have been awarded, whichever occurs first ("Game Period"). Sweepstakes consists of two random drawings, i.e. (a) "Walk-on" Role in Season Two Masters of Horror Drawing ("Walk-on" Role Drawing) and (b) Portable DVD Player Drawing. Entries for the "Walk-on" Role Drawing must be received by May 26, 2006 at 11:59:59 P.M. ET; and entries for the Portable DVD Player Drawing must be received by September 30, 2006 at 11:59:59 P.M. ET. Limit: You may only participate once per day in this Promotion and you may only use one email address.
2. SLAUGHTER MACHINE INSTANT WIN GAME – HOW TO PLAY: Each day during the Game, go to www.mastersofhorror.net; then go to THE BLOODSHED and, follow the instructions to register to participate in the Instant Win Game (after your initial registration, all you have to do is "log in" to participate). Following the directions, take a "spin" by pressing the START button. Press the STOP button when you want the Slaughter Machine to stop spinning. If you match three (3) identical images and are a resident of the United States, you will instantly see what prize you have won; or if you are a resident of Canada, what prize you are eligible to win! If you are a resident of Canada to whom a Prize has been revealed, in order to be awarded the revealed Prize, you will be contacted by phone within two (2) business days and required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. If you cannot be so contacted and/or cannot successfully answer the skill-testing question within the prescribed time you will forfeit your eligibility to win the revealed Prize and the revealed Prize will be awarded in the Portable DVD Player Drawing portion of the Sweepstakes (See Rule 5).;
3. SLAUGHTER MACHINE INSTANT WIN GAME - PRIZES; ARV; & ODDS OF WINNING: There are Four Hundred (400) Instant Win Prizes available to be won at the outset of this Instant Win Game. The type of Prize, either (a), (b), (c), (d), (e), (f), (g) or (h) below, a participant is eligible to win will be determined by a computer-generated random process with the specific Prize (e.g. which specific poster, movie prop, etc.) being determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion: (a) one (1) of 200 personally autographed Anchor Bay Entertainment DVDs (Approximate Retail Value: $40.00 USD each); (b) one (1) of 141 Anchor Bay DVDs (ARV: $ 19.98 - $24.98 USD each); (c) one (1) of 8 personally autographed Masters of Horror movie posters (ARV: $100.00 USD each); (d) one (1) of 5 authentic Masters of Horror movie props (ARV: $25.00 USD each); (e) one (1) of 5 authentic Masters of Horror production designs (sketch or computer image) (ARV: $25.00 USD each); (f) one (1) of 25 Masters of Horror Director trading card sheets (ARV: $20.00 USD each); (g) one (1) of 8 Rue Morgue Magazine prize packs (ARV: $85.00 USD each); (h) one (1) of 8 Fangoria Magazine prize packs (ARV: $75.00 USD each) (Total ARV of all Instant Win Prizes: $13,717.18 USD). Regardless of Prize won, Prize is not redeemable for cash; nor is it transferable or substitutable except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. Any federal, state, provincial and local taxes, including but not limited to U.S. withholding taxes, income taxes, sales taxes, Customs duties, and handling fees, are sole responsibility of each Winner. Due to computer generated random selection of prize winners, all Instant Win Prizes may be awarded prior to September 30, 2006, and as stated in Rule 1, the Instant Win Game will then end. Prizes not awarded in the Instant Win Game will be awarded in the Portable DVD Player Drawing portion of the Sweepstakes (See Rule 4). In no event will more prizes be awarded than the number stated herein. In the event of a technological, human, or other error resulting in more participants claiming prizes than the number of Prizes available as stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held among those eligible claimants to award the stated Prizes. Odds of winning will be based on number of eligible entries received.
4. SWEEPSTAKES: HOW TO ENTER: Each time that you participate in the Instant Win Game, you will also receive an entry into the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes consists of two (2) random drawings: (A) The" Walk-on" Role Drawing and (B) The Portable DVD Player Drawing. On or about June 2, 2006, the "Walk-on" Role Drawing will be conducted by Mercury Promotions & Fulfillment ("Mercury") an independent judging agency, to determine the one (1) potential "Walk-on" Role Winner from among all eligible entries received as of 11:59:59 PM, ET on May 26, 2006 and the Portable DVD Player Drawing will be conducted by Mercury on or about October 6, 2006 to determine the one (1) potential Portable DVD Player Winner from among the total number of all eligible entries received as of September 30, 2006 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET. If the Instant Win Game has ended prior to one or both of the above Drawing dates, the Drawing(s) will still be conducted and the respective potential Winners selected from among all timely eligible entries received prior to the end of the Instant Win Game.
5. SWEEPSTAKES – RANDOM DRAWING PRIZES; ARV; & ODDS OF WINNING. (A) "WALK-ON" ROLE RANDOM DRAWING PRIZE consists of the opportunity for one Winner to appear in a "walk-on" role in a Season Two Masters of Horror movie; round trip coach airfare for two (2) from the major international airport nearest to Winner's residence to a Masters of Horror filming location in Vancouver, Canada in July 2006; 4 days/3 nights hotel accommodations (1 standard room, double occupancy) at a hotel to be selected by Sponsor; 4 days mid-size rental car; and $300 spending money. ARV: $5,000 USD, depending on city of origin. All Trip accommodations and reservations, including Trip destination, will be as arranged by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above, including but not limited to meals, snacks, beverages, mini-bar, souvenirs, personal expenses, insurance, etc. are solely Winner's responsibility. Winner and travel companion must travel on same itinerary on dates designated by Sponsor or Trip will be forfeited in its entirety and, time allowing, an alternate potential Winner shall be selected. Travel companion must be adult unless Winner is his/her parent or legal guardian. Winner and travel companion must possess necessary travel identification documents. To obtain rental car, Winner must comply with all terms of rental car company, e.g., having major credit card and meeting minimum age requirements. NOTE: Potential Winner must be available to travel and appear in the Season Two Masters of Horror movie "walk-on" role in Vancouver, Canada in July, 2006 on a date yet to be determined. If the Potential "Walk-on" Role Winner is not so available, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety without any responsibility or liability by Sponsor to the forfeiting Potential Winner; and time allowing, an alternate Potential "Walk-on" Role Winner, will be selected. Potential "Walk-on" Role Winner must sign and return Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules) and Publicity/Liability Release (respective travel companion must also sign and return Publicity/Liability Release), as requested by Sponsor within time period specified in notification of winning or the Prize will be forfeited and, time allowing, an alternate potential "Walk-on" Role Winner will be selected. Odds of winning the "Walk-on" Role Prize depend upon the total number of all eligible entries received by 11:59:59 P.M., ET on May 26, 2006. Please Also Note: All non-winning entries in the "Walk-on" Role Drawing will be rolled over into the Portable DVD Player Drawing; (B) PORTABLE DVD PLAYER RANDOM DRAWING PRIZE consists of a Portable DVD Player and twenty-five (25) Anchor Bay DVDs as such are determined by Sponsor. (ARV: $525.00 USD). Odds of winning the Portable DVD Player Prize depend upon the total number of all eligible entries received as of September 30, 2006 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET. NOTE APPLICABLE TO BOTH DRAWINGS: Regardless of Prize won, Prize is not redeemable for cash; and is not transferable or substitutable except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. Any federal, state, provincial or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. If the participant selected in a Drawing is from Canada, he/she will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time limited skill-testing question, administered by mail or phone before being declared a Winner. If the selected participant cannot be contacted to successfully answer the skill-testing question within seven (7) days, the selected participant will forfeit his/her eligibility to win and an alternate participant may be selected in his/her place. Limit: One Sweepstakes Prize per person, household or mailing address.
6. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States including the District of Columbia, and Canada (EXCEPT RESIDENTS OF THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC). Residents of the United States must be 18 years of age or older as of date of entry of Sweepstakes except residents of Alabama and Nebraska must be 19 years or older as of date of entry. Residents of Canada must also be 19 years or older as of date of entry. Officers, directors and employees (and members of their household or immediate family, i.e., parents, children, spouse, or siblings) of Sponsor; MARS Advertising, Mercury; eMarketing Inc.; their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates; advertising and promotion agencies and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; distributors, sales representatives or any other individuals or entities associated with the development or administration of, or supply to, this Sweepstakes (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Sponsor, et al.") are not eligible to enter or win.
8. GENERAL: By entering this Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Mercury's decisions shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Acceptance of Prize constitutes Winner's consent to the use of his/her name, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide, as determined by Sponsor without further compensation or consultation, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor, et al. are not responsible for any liability whether directly or indirectly, including, without limitation, liability in connection with any injuries, damages or losses of any kind, whether to person or property, including death, rising out of the acceptance, use and/or misuse of any Prize and/or participation in this Promotion, and they will be held harmless against any claims of liability arising directly or indirectly from any Prizes awarded or participation in this Promotion. SPONSOR, ET AL. MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REGARDING ANY PRODUCT OR COMPONENT PART OF ANY PRIZE. All entries and any other materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor, et al. are not responsible for any lost, late, undelivered, misdelivered mutilated or postage due entries or mail. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico, Province of Quebec, Canada and wherever prohibited or restricted.
9. WHO WON: For a copy of the Winners List, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, by October 31, 2006, to: Winners List, Masters of Horror BLOODSHED Promotion, 35610 Mound Rd., Dept #900, Sterling Heights, MI 48310-4725. Canadian residents need not affix return postage.
10. SPONSOR: Anchor Bay Entertainment, 1699 Stutz Drive, Troy MI 48084 is the sole Sponsor of this Promotion.
11. Codes for Hidden activities:
© 2006 Anchor Bay Entertainment