ACCO UGLIEST OFFICE CONTEST - #10
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF AND LIVING WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 AND OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
BE SURE TO CAREFULLY READ THESE RULES BEFORE YOU ENTER.
BY ENTERING, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM.
1. Eligibility: ACCO Brands America’s Ugliest Office Contest ("Contest") & On-line Instant Win Game ("Game") & Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes"), collectively referred to as the "Promotion," is open only to individuals who are living within, and residents of, the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, except officers, directors and employees (and members of their household and their immediate family, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members) of ACCO Brands USA LLC ("Sponsor"), its subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, distributors, retailers, advertising agencies, promotion agencies, fulfillment agencies and web design agencies, including PrizeLogic LLC ("Prize Logic"), their respective affiliates, assigns or representatives; and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, or supply to this Promotion (herein after referred to collectively as "Sponsor & Others"), are not eligible to enter or win.
2. PROMOTION OVERVIEW: The Promotion consists of a Contest in
which entrants compete to have their office selected as "America’s Ugliest Office" according to the instructions and judging criteria stated in these Official Rules, an on-line Game in which individuals who vote in the Contest, regardless of whether or not they have submitted a Contest entry, have a chance to instantly win a prize as described below, and a Sweepstakes. You must vote in the Contest in order to participate in the Game and Sweepstakes. The Promotion also allows you to refer up to five (5) friends, as stated in Rule 9, to help you increase your chances of being a Game Prize Winner. The first time each day you cast your vote in the Contest for any Contest Entry, you (i) will automatically receive a Game Play message that will instantly inform you whether or not you are a Game Prize Winner, subject to verification, and (ii) will also receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Regardless of how many votes you cast each day, you will not receive more than one automatic Game Play per day nor more than one entry into the Sweepstakes.
3. IMPORTANT PROMOTION DATES:
Contest Entry Period: Starts on or about 8/29/07 at 12:00:01 A.M., ET, and ends 10/8/07 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET.
Contest Voting Period: Starts on or about 8/29/07 at 12:00:01 A.M., ET, and ends 11/30/07 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET.
Contest Semi-Finalist Judging Period: Starts on or about 10/9/07 and ends on or about 10/14/07 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET.
Contest Semi-Finalist Voting Period: Starts on or about 10/15/07 at 12:00:01 A.M., ET, and ends 11/30/07 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET.
Game Period: Starts on or about 8/29/07 at 12:00:01 A.M., ET, and ends 11/30/07 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET. or when all Game prizes have been awarded, whichever occurs first.
Sweepstakes Period: Starts on or about 8/29/07 at 12:00:01 A.M., ET, and ends 11/30/07 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET.
Promotion Period: Starts on or about 8/29/07 at 12:00:01 A.M., ET, and ends 11/30/07 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET.
4. HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: During the Contest Entry Period, go to www.americasugliestoffice.com and carefully follow the instructions to register, upload the photograph of your office that you are submitting as your Contest entry ("Photo Entry") and submit your description of your office as shown in your Photo Entry ("Description"), collectively "Contest Entry." Limit: Only one (1) Contest Entry may be submitted per person during the Contest Entry Period, regardless of e-mail address used. Contest Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. If your office is shared with other individuals who elect to collaborate ("Collaborators") on the Contest Entry, they are required to designate one (1) individual to enter the Contest and be considered as the Submitter, and to accept the prize on behalf of the Collaborators. No additional prizes will be granted to the Collaborators. Sponsor & Others shall not be liable for any disputes between the Collaborators related to the submission of a Contest Entry.
5. CONTEST ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: The Photo Entry must have a maximum file size of 1.5MB. The Photo Entry may not mention, contain, refer or otherwise allude to the name, trademark or logo of any company, brand, product other than those of Sponsor (visit www.acco.com for complete list of Sponsor's product brands); person, entity or character. The Description may not exceed 200 characters, including spaces. A Contest Entry, including the Description, may not contain any obscene, lewd, violent, offensive or otherwise inappropriate words, abbreviations, language, images, illustrations, photos, pictorial depictions, signs, symbols, emblems or references, regardless of whether such are of a commercial, political, personal, religious, satirical or other nature, and it must not in any way reflect negatively upon the Sponsor or its brands as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. If after an initial review, your Contest Entry appears to meet the above Contest Entry requirements, your Contest Entry will be posted on the www.americasugliestoffice.com website ("Website"). Posting of your Contest Entry on the Website does not constitute approval of your Contest Entry as being in compliance with the terms and conditions of all of the Promotion's Official Rules. The Contest Entry must, as more fully described in Rule 6 below, be totally your own original creation, not infringe or in any way violate any third-party intellectual property or privacy rights, and be one in which you (or your parent/legal guardian if you are a minor in your state of residence) agree to transfer and assign all rights and title to Sponsor.
6. CONTEST JUDGING CRITERIA & SELECTION OF WINNER/ODDS OF
WINNING: The judging will be conducted in two rounds. (A) ROUND ONE – Selection of Semi-Finalist contest ENTRIES by Panel of Qualified JudgeS CONTEST: Between approximately 10/9/07 and 10/14/07, a panel of qualified judges consisting of Sponsor's representatives ("Contest Judges") will have reviewed all of the posted Contest Entries, and will have selected a maximum of ten (10) of the highest rated Contest Entries ("Semi-Finalist Contest Entries") to participate in the on-line voting portion of the Contest, according to the following four (4) criteria: (i) Worst Looking Office – 45%; (ii) Relevancy of Photo to Contest – 25%;(iii) Originality/Creativity of Expression – 15%; (iv) Description – 15%. In the event of a tied score, the Contest Entry that received the highest score for "Criteria (i) – Worst Looking Office" will be deemed the Winner of the tie. In the event the tie still remains unbroken, the Contest Judges will break the tie by re-evaluating and re-rating the Contest Entries based on "Criteria (i) - Worst Looking Office." (B) ROUND TWO – ON-LINE VOTING PORTION OF THE CONTEST: Beginning on or about 12:00 A.M., ET, on 10/15/07, Sponsor will announce and post the selected Semi-Finalist Contest Entries on its website, www.americasugliestoffice.com. The Semi-Finalist On-line Voting Period of the Contest begins at 12:00: A.M., ET, on 10/15/07, and ends at 11:59:59 P.M., ET on 11/30/07 ("Contest Semi-Finalist Voting Period"). Individuals may vote each day during the Contest Semi-Finalist Voting Period for their favorite Contest Entry(ies), regardless of whether or not they have entered a Contest Entry into the Contest. Although you may cast as many votes as you wish each day (but no more than one (1) vote each day for a specific Contest Entry) during the Contest Voting Period, only the votes you cast during the Contest Semi-Finalist Voting Period will count in determining the popular vote for the Contest Grand Prize Winner. Once a vote has been submitted, it cannot be changed. Limit: A total of one (1) vote per specific Contest Entry per person per calendar day regardless of e-mail address used. After the Contest Voting Period has ended, the submitter of the Contest Entry that received the highest number of eligible votes during the Contest Semi-Finalist Voting Period will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Contest Winner. In the event that the Contest Semi-Finalist voting results in a tie, the submitter of the Contest Entry who received the highest score from the Contest Judges in Round One will be declared the winner of the tie. The potential Grand Prize Contest Winner will be notified by e-mail, phone and/or postal mail on or about 12/14/07. The potential Grand Prize Contest Winner will be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance & Liability/Publicity Release, as allowed by law, and such other documents as may be requested by Sponsor, within the time period stated in the notification, or the Prize may be forfeited and awarded to the submitter of the next highest scoring Contest Entry. All Contest Entry submitters agree that Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that its decisions shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to this Contest. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on being selected as one of the Semi-Finalists in Round One of the Contest by the Contest Judges and receiving the most eligible votes in Round Two of the Contest, the Contest Semi-Finalist Voting Period portion of the Contest.
7. CONTEST TERMS OF CONTEST ENTRY SUBMISSION: By submitting a Contest Entry, an entrant (or if entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) represents and warrants that s/he has carefully read these Official Rules, including the language contained in this Rule 7. If entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence, all representations, acknowledgments, warranties, grants and waivers will be deemed to have been made by/his her parent or legal guardian,. (A) Entrant Representations & Warranties: By submitting a Contest Entry, an entrant represents and warrants that (i) his/her Contest Entry is his/her own original and that s/he has not copied or used other works of others in his/her Contest Entry without permission or right to do so; (ii) no person other than entrant has any right, title or interest in any part of the Contest Entry; (iii) his/her Contest Entry will not infringe or violate any rights of any third party or entity, including, without limitation, trade secret, copyright and trademark, defamation, privacy and publicity, false light, idea misappropriation or any contractual rights; and (iv) s/he has all the rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Contest Entry in accordance with these Official Rules. (B) Sponsor's Property: By submitting a Contest Entry, an entrant agrees that: (i) his/her Contest Entry will become Sponsor’s property and that it will not be returned; (ii) Sponsor has the right to alter and/or edit the Contest Entry or any part or element thereof; and (iii) Sponsor and its designees have the right to use any and all Contest Entries, and any and all elements appearing in the Contest Entry including likenesses, symbols and images of any kind for future advertising, marketing, manufacture and/or sale, commercial, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation or notice to entrant. (C) Grant of Rights/Waivers: By submitting a Contest Entry, entrant grants and assigns to Sponsor all title to the Contest Entry, including all its copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights, and grants and assigns to Sponsor and its designees a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, unrestricted, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right and license to consider, disclose, use, re-use, reproduce, modify, digitize or enhance, adapt, change, edit, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, redistribute, and/or display his/her Contest Entry (in whole or in part) including any and all images or likenesses that appear in his/her Contest Entry and/or incorporate all or part of his/her Contest Entry in other works, all in any manner and in any form, format, or media anywhere in the world at any time, as well as in connection with any distribution or syndication arrangement with third parties or third-party sites, in any media format or medium and through any media channels and for any purpose, without further notice or compensation to entrant. Entrant waives any and all “moral rights” s/he may have in the Contest Entry. Entrant grants Sponsor these rights whether or not entrant's Contest Entry is selected as a Winner. Entrant understands and acknowledges that entrant WILL NOT BE PAID FOR OR RECEIVE ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION for his/her CONSENT Entry or for granting Sponsor these rights other than any prize that entrant may receive due to being selected as the grand prize contest winner. Sponsor is in no way obligated to use any Contest Entry and entrant may or may not be given any credit or attribution if his/her Contest Entry is subsequently used. Entrant agrees to waive all claims to receive any royalties of any kind now or in the future from Sponsor or its designees for any use of his/her Contest Entry, including copyright or trademark royalties, and entrant represents, warrants and agrees that no other party is entitled to claim any royalties from the use of the Design Entry as set forth in these Official Rules. Entrant also acknowledges that other individuals may have submitted similar or identical Contest Entries which Sponsor may have the right to use.
8. CONTEST GRAND PRIZE (1): The Grand Prize Winner of the Contest will receive: (A) Trip to Maui: A trip for two to Maui, Hawaii ("Trip") consisting of roundtrip coach airfare from major airport closest to Winner's residence to Maui, HI; ground transfers between airport and hotel; 7 days/6 nights’ room; accommodations at a ResortQuest® at Papakea Resort® (ocean view studio room, double occupancy); one day's tickets to Maui Ocean Center and tickets for one night's Royal Lahaina® Luau; and Five Hundred Dollars ($500) spending money. Approximate Retail Value: $6,925.00, depending on city of origin and dates of travel. If actual retail value is less that stated Approximate Retail Value, Grand Prize Winner will not receive difference in value. All expenses not specified above as included with the Trip, e.g., meals, beverages, mini-bar, telephones, souvenirs, gratuities, insurance, personal services, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, etc., are the Grand Prize Winner’s sole responsibility. All Trip departure and return dates, reservations and accommodations will be arranged by Sponsor and are subject to 21 day advance notice, holiday black-out dates and availability. Other Trip restrictions may apply. Trip must be completed by 11/15/08. Grand Prize Winner and travel companion must possess required travel documents and must travel together on same itinerary. Sponsor has no responsibility for lost, stolen, misplaced or mutilated tickets and/or travel documents. Sponsor has no responsibility for Grand Prize Winner's inability or failure to accept the Prize as described herein. Grand Prize Winner must be spouse/parent/legal guardian of a minor travel companion. Potential Grand Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Compliance/Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release, as allowed by law (and potential travel companion must sign similarly Publicity/Liability Release) as stated within time period stated in Sponsor’s letter of notification, or Prize will be forfeited. (B) ACCO Brands Office Products Package, consisting of Wilson Jones: 2” Premium View Binders (ARV: $16.64 – 6 ea @ $99.84) 5 tab View Tab Indexes (ARV: $3.94 – 12 ea @ $47.28); GBC: Jam Free Laminator H212 (ARV: $209.00), Jam Free Shredder RSX128 (ARV: $639.99), ProClick Kit (ARV: $6.99 – 10 ea @ $69.99); Swingline: Optima PowerEase Stapler (ARV: $34.99), Profile Punch (ARV: $59.99) A425 Trimmer (ARV: $79.99); Quartet: 36” x 48” Aluminum Privacy Screen (ARV: $128.99), 30” x 18” Arc Frame Cubicle Magnetic Calendar (ARV: $102.95), Off-the-desk Erasable File Pocket (ARV: $115.99); Kensington: Spin2 Monitor Stand (ARV: $44.99); Si650m Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse (ARV: $39.99); Memory Foam Mouse Wrist Pillow (ARV: $16.99). ARV of the ACCO Brands Product Package: $1,690.97. Total Grand Prize ARV: $7,985.97. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner will be issued a Form 1099 for tax purposes in the amount of the actual retail value of the Prize and must submit his/her Social Security Number, as required by law. Neither the Prize nor any portion of the Prize is redeemable for cash; nor are they transferable or substitutable except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value.
9. REFER A FRIEND: You can increase your chances of winning a Game Prize by referring a maximum of five (5) friends throughout the Game Period. Each friend you refer should be someone with whom you have an existing relationship, who meets the Promotion's eligibility requirements, and who you think would be interested in receiving an e-mail and participating in the Promotion. In no event, may you refer more than five (5) friends throughout the Game Period. If one of your referred friends wins a Game Prize ("Referred Friend Game Prize Winner"), you will win the same Game Prize. NOTE: Once you have won a Game Prize through a Referred Friend Game Prize Winner, you are no longer eligible to win another Game Prize under any circumstances.
10. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GAME: (A) YOUR FIRST VOTE EACH
DAY EARNS YOU AN AUTOMATIC GAME PLAY: Each day during the Game Period immediately after you cast your first vote for your favorite Contest Entry you will be instantly notified of whether or not you are a Game Prize winner, subject to verification. Regardless of how many votes you may cast per day for your favorite Contest Entry(ies), only your first vote of the day will earn you a Game Play. If you receive a message informing you that you are not a Game Prize Winner; you can come back the next day to vote and participate in the Game. NOTE: If you come to the Website to vote for your favorite Entry after all the winning Game Prizes have already been won, subject to verification, a message will appear stating "All Game Prizes have already Been Won, But Be Sure to Come Back tomorrow TO VOTE for another chance to win a prize in Sweepstakes." Limit: You may not win more than one Game Prize. Additionally if you have won a Game Prize, you are not eligible to win a Sweepstakes Prize.
11. INSTANT WIN GAME PRIZES & ODDS OF WINNING: PRIZES (8): A total of Eight (8) Prizes are available to be won in the Game, each being a 42" Flat Screen Plasma HDTV (ARV: $1,500). NOTE: Prizes will be shipped to Game Prize Winners (or Referred Friend Game Prize Winners, as appropriate) after conclusion of the Promotion, on or about 2/28/08. Prize is not redeemable for cash and it is not transferable or substitutable, except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. All costs and expenses, including any federal, state, or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Game Prize Winner or Referred Friend Game Prize Winner, as appropriate and s/he will be issued a Form 1099 for tax purposes in the amount of the actual retail value of the Prize and must submit his/her Social Security Number, as required by law. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning a specific Game Prize depend on the date and time of Game play, the number of eligible Game Plays made during the Game Period, and the number of Referred Friend Game Prize Winners.
12. SWEEPSTAKES: HOW TO enter/ prizes/ & odds of winning:
(A) HOW TO ENTER: Each day during the Game Period immediately after you cast your first vote for your favorite Contest Entry, you will receive an automatic entry into the Sweepstakes. On or about 12/17/07, a random drawing will be held to select the potential Sweepstakes Winners from among the total number of all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by PrizeLogic and its decisions will be final. The potential Winners will be notified by email, phone and/or mail on or about 12/21/07. (B) PRIZES: The Sweepstakes will award a minimum of one (1) Prize and a maximum of two (2) Prizes. The number of Prizes to be awarded in the Sweepstakes will be determined by the number and sequence of Game Prize Winners. More specifically, if the winner of the eighth Prize to be awarded in the Game is not a Referred Friend Game Prize Winner, two (2) Prizes will be awarded in the Sweepstakes; however, if the winner of the eighth Prize to be awarded in the Game is a Referred Friend Game Prize Winner, then only one (1) Prize will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. The Prize will be a 42" Flat Screen Plasma HDTV (ARV: $1,500). Prize is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable or substitutable, except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. All costs and expenses, including any federal, state, or local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Sweepstakes Winner. Sweepstakes Winner will be issued a Form 1099 for tax purposes in the amount of the actual retail value of the Prize and must submit his/her Social Security Number, as required by law. (C) ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and the number of Prizes to be awarded. Limit: Sweepstakes Winner may not win more than one Game or Sweepstakes Prize.
14. RELEASES: In addition to the Grants and Waivers agreed to in Rule 7 above, by accepting a Prize in this Promotion, a Winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if Winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees to hold Sponsor & Others harmless against any and all claims and liability, whether personal (including death) or property, whether direct or indirect, arising out of participation in the Promotion or with activities associated with the Promotion, acceptance and enjoyment of the Prize whether such activities are sponsored by Sponsor or a third party, or arising out of or in connection with Sponsor’s use of any Contest Entry. Additionally, each Winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if Winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) agrees to promptly sign and return to Sponsor all Grants, Releases, Assignments or Rights or other documents as may be requested by Sponsor. SPONSOR, ET AL. MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, REGARDING ANY PRODUCT OR COMPONENT PART OF ANY PRIZE. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any damaged, incomplete, misdirected, lost or postage-due Contest Entries, or mail, or any typographical or other error in the printing or administration of the Promotion.
15. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Promotion, entrant (or his/her parent if entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence) accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of PrizeLogic and Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. The potential Contest Grand Prize Winner may be subject to a background investigation, including but not limited to, criminal record information. Any potential Grand Prize Winner who refuses to agree to a background investigation, or who has been convicted of a felony, or whose information discovered during the verification process is deemed to be potentially harmful to the image of the Sponsor (as deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion), will be disqualified, and time allowing, the entrant with the next highest score will be selected as the potential Grand Prize Winner. Promotion Winners (or his/her parent if Winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) agree that their names, photographs, likenesses or statements may be used for advertising and publicity purposes in any media including the Internet worldwide, as Sponsor and its agents so determine without any further compensation or notice, except where prohibited by law. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Illinois and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Illinois. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages. Promotion is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
16. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the Winners, visit www.americasugliestoffice.com between 12/20/07 and 1/20/08.
SPONSOR: ACCO Brands USA LLC, 300 Tower Parkway, Lincolnshire, IL
60069, is the sole Sponsor of this Promotion.
© 2007 ACCO Brands USA LLC. All rights reserved.